Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pam's TNR Blog - 2010 Review


2010 Spay Neuter Hotline TNR Update
We did it! the Spay Neuter Hotline fixed over 10,000 feral cats in 2010. And I trapped 2,084 cats myself in 2010, a new record for me.Some additional highlights of my year included


- Biggest colony I trapped this year was 99 cats in Laveen (the photo to right shows a kitten from this large colony).
- Furthest distance I traveled to trap a colony was Cordes Junction.
- Most cats I trapped in a single month was in December with 259 cats.
- Fewest cats I trapped in a single month was in June with 118 cats.


AND the TNR program accomplished the following:


- Most cats fixed in one month was October with 1,024 catsTNR'd.
- Fewest cats fixed in a month was May with 717 cats TNR'd.
- Most cats TNR'd in one weekend was 196 cats at four clinics.
Although December 2010 statistics are not all in, we will be over 10,000 cats TNR'd last year.


It is now January 2011 and we are on our way to another record year. Thanks to all our volunteers and supporters for your commitment to our TNR program. We need your continued commitment to helping stabilize free-roaming cat populations in the valley. If you have a colony to TNR or are interested in volunteering to help others with trapping or transport, please call the Hotline at: 602-265-7729 (SPAY). Please consider a tax-deductible donation to help those in need. Donations can be sent to:


The Spay Neuter Hotline
P.O. Box 33093
Phoenix, AZ 85067


We need your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment